Skip to main content

A Tout le Monde: Megadeth (Its Not About Suicide)



MTV banned the video because they thought it promoted suicide. They did show it after some special comments were added, explaining how many kids commit suicide every year in the US. This message appeared at the end of the video: "Suicide is not an answer. Get help." The woman and child in the video are Mustaine's wife Pam and son, Justis. This song is often misinterpreted about suicide as the lyrics appears as a suicide note. But according to Dave Mustaine (vocalist and lyricist) : 'A Tout Le Monde' is based on a dream I had, where my mother came back from heaven to say 'I love you.' It's about me talking to her again.' The chorus of the song is written in French which means : "To all the world. To all my friends. I love you. I must leave."

This song is not about suicide but the words in the song are the words that people utter in their deathbed. Dave Mustaine clearly states "It's not a suicide song. What it is, it's, you, it's when people have a loved one that dies and they end on a bad note, you know, they wish that they could say something to them. So this is an opportunity for the deceased to say something before they go. And it was my impression of what I would like to say to people, if I had say, 3 seconds to do so in life before I died I'd say to the entire world, to all my friends, I love you all, and now I must go. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free. I don't need to say I'm sorry, I don't have to say I'm going to miss you, or I'll wait for ya. You know, I'll just say I loved you all, good, bad and different, I loved you all."
This must be one of the finest song of Megadeth aces on all part of music including vocals. The soft acoustic intro, heavy riffs and melodic solos of Mustaine and Marty Friedman perfectly fits the theme of lyrics.


Lyrics:


Don't remember where I was
I realized life was a game
The more seriously I took things
The harder the rules became
I had no idea what it'd cost
My life passed before my eyes
I found out how little I accomplished
All my plans denied

So as you read this know my friends
I'd love to stay with you all
smile when you think of me
My body's gone that's all

A tout le monde (To all the world)
A tout mes amis (To all my friends)
Je vous aime (I love you)
Je dois partir (I must leave)
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free

If my heart was still alive
I know it would surely break
And my memories left with you
There's nothing more to say

Moving on is a simple thing
What it leaves behind is hard
You know the sleeping feel no more pain
And the living all are scarred

A tout le monde (To all the world)
A tout mes amis (To all my friends)
Je vous aime (I love you)
Je dois partir (I must leave)
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free

So as you read this know my friends
I'd love to stay with you all
Please smile, smile when you think about me
My body's gone that's all

A tout le monde (To all the world)
A tout mes amis (To all my friends)
Je vous aime (I love you)
Je dois partir (I must leave)
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free

Comments

  1. I ADAMS KEVIN, a representative Aiico Insurance plc, we trust and respect for individual differences in day out a loan. We will provide 2% of the loan's interest rate. If you are interested in this business contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com) now transfer their loan documents issued properly. Do you need a loan to set up business or school if you are very welcome to Aiico Insurance plc. You can also contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com). We first week can request a balance transfer.

    DO YOU NEED LOAN FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS? IF YOU CONTACT YOUR EMAIL ABOVE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR LOAN TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY OK.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Henrik Klingenberg: Sonata Arctica Keyboardist

Henrik "Henkka" Klingenberg (born October 21, 1978 in Mariehamn Ã…land, Finland) is a keyboardist and singer. He joined Sonata Arctica in late 2002 and currently resides in Kokko L.A, Finland, when not on tour. Keyboardists who have influenced him include Matt Guillory, Kevin Moore, and Jon Lord. He claims that his musical inspiration is pulled from life itself. Career: Henrik plays both a keytar and a normal portable synthesizer in the bands Sonata Arctica and Silent Voices as well as being the vocalist for a Thrash/Groove Metal band called Mental Care Foundation. He has recenlty started a Melodic Death Metal side project called Graveyard Shift with his Sonata Arctica bandmate Jani Liimatainen. Before joining Sonata Arctica, he had participated in a large enough number of bands that he does not bother to list them on his bio page on the official Sonata Arctica website.

TO LIVE IS TO DIE: LAST WORDS OF CLIFF BURTON

When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the Pale Deaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home This song is a tribute to Metallica's bassist Cliff Burton, wh o died in a tour bus crash. It is instrumental except the spoken word piece near the end - this was a poem that Cliff wrote before he died The line, "These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives" comes from the book Lord Foul's Bane, Book One of the series "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever" by Stephen R. Donaldson. In the book, the main character decides to write a poem to amuse himself. The full poem is as follows: These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives: for all the scents of green things growing, each breath is but an exhalation of the grave. Bodies jerk like puppet corpses, and hell walks laughing. Metallica Singer James Hetfield explained to Moj

Lars Mikael Åkerfeldt: The Backbone Of Opeth

Lars Mikael Åkerfeldt is a Swedish musician who achieved fame as the lead vocalist/lead guitarist and songwriter of progressive death metal band Opeth as well as the lead vocalist of death metal band Bloodbath. He is known for his progressive rock-influenced songwriting style and his frequent use of both clean and growled vocals. A native of Stockholm, Mikael Åkerfeldt was the vocalist for Eruption, a death metal band which he formed in 1988. After Eruption came to an end in 1990, he joined Opeth, ostensibly as a bassist. When vocalist David Isberg insisted Åkerfeldt join the band, all other members left. Isberg assumed guitar duties, and when he left Opeth two years later, Åkerfeldt replaced him as the vocalist. Åkerfeldt is a collector of obscure 1970s rock and heavy metal albums. He also tends to show his influence from these obscure bands, making reference to them in titles of Opeth songs, such as "Blackwater Park", "Still Life" and "Master